2013年12月16日 星期一

Pray for my mom, will you

Being a teenager, John, my son sometimes called me 宗教沉迷者

However, when he heard in Tainan that his mom, in Taipei, had a bad stomachache.  He did not know what to do, but to ask the pastor to pray for Mom.

On December 7, I went to Taipei.  Probably out of the food I took in, I started to have an upset stomach.  The next day was Sunday, and I still felt awful.  So I rested in bed, not going to church.  John called me while I was taking a nap.  I told him that I did not feel well and was taking a rest.  And I hang up the phone.
Later, I took the bus to come down to Tainan.  After I hang up, some time later he called his Dad and showed great care and concern about me.  He told him that your mom was suffering from stomachache.  Later, Pastor Chen came to park his scooter, and John rushed over to beg the pastor to "pray for my mom, will you?  She is suffering from stomachache."

On the next day, when Pastor came to pick up his scooter, he asked John "is your mom feeling better now"
and in the next couple of days, when grandma attending the senior fellowship, Pastor asked her the same thing.

As this boy grew up, the lullaby I sang to him is "十字架"  and I brought him to church when he was big enough and could behave himself a little (when he was about 3, with very little language and strong dislike of anybody to touch him, he once slapped a pastor's wife when she tried to approach him. )

He is used to Mom's praying whenever I don't know what to do.  The spirit of praying has been into his life.
I believe this is more than good enough for a 宗教沉迷者mom to be at rest.

Thank you, Lord.
May you lead him on, through the valleys and hills of his life.
Be his shepherd, potter, farmer and God.

標籤:

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁